Top rate, genuine European pastries require the Grade-A imported ingredients and they can’t simply be found from local wholesalers. From day one of La Tulipe Desserts, Maarten and Fran Steenman globally sourced only the finest essentials, the best of the best. No cheap substitutes, no lesser suppliers. La Tulipe buys all ingredients from original sources to assure that their desserts are in every way equal in quality and essence to what is served in the leading pâtissieries of Europe. This uncompromising commitment to quality is the cornerstone of La Tulipe Desserts, the foundation of operating principle of solidifying excellence into every operational aspect. With these first-rate ingredients all dessert creations are handcrafted from scratch in fresh, small batches daily, in-house.
Just some examples of our best-source, premium ingredients, imported or sourced fresh locally, we use from start to finish are:
- Marcona Almonds from Spain
- Vanilla Beans from Tahiti
- Piemonte Hazelnuts from Italy
- Orange Essences from Italy
- Sicilian Pistachios from Italy
- Lübecker Marzipan from Germany
- Crystalized Ginger from Australia
- Chocolate from France such as Valhrona and Cacao Barry
- Vermont Creamery Butter
- Pulgra European Butter
- Speculaas Spices from Holland
- Lavender Honey from Provence France
- King Arthur Flour from the USA
- Locally sourced fresh, whenever possible organic fruits
Equally important as ingredients, is what we don’t do:
- Gluten free products are available.
- No artificial ingredients. Everything we use is pure and fresh.
- No processed sugars. We use premium honey, dextrose, sucrose and glucose powder only.
- Low sugar. We use far less sugar than normal bakeries, yet we achieve unparalleled taste sensation and satisfaction.
- No preservatives.
- No pre-packaging.
- No GMO ingredients.
- No trans fats.
- No stabilizers or thickeners.
- No artificial flavors.
- Nothing is pre-fabricated.